Building and Renovation Project
We are Growing
Mercy Expansion and Renovation Project
For 50 years, Mercy Hospital has been caring for the health of our communities, one person at a time. As we look to the next 50 years, Mercy's new expansion and renovation project addresses the current and future health care needs of the region.
The project is designed to enhance patient care, safety, and privacy, while reflecting the personalized, high quality care our dedicated staff provides to all our patients.
This investment in the health care of the region features a new, two-story addition that relocates the hospital’s main entrance. The project will also include major remodeling of existing space.
The new addition features:
- Emergency Department with private treatment rooms
- Diagnostic Imaging, including inhouse MRI
- Laboratory Services
- Expanded Gift Shop
- Private Patient Rooms, including 2 ICU rooms
- Birthing Suites and Nursery
- Comfortable Family Waiting Rooms
- Opens the week of January 12
Renovations of the existing hospital will include:
- Addition of third Surgery Suite and new pre- and post-op rooms
- Meditation Room
- Chemotherapy & Infusion Services
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Sleep Study Suites
- Medical Records, Business Services and Administrative Offices
- Dining and Kitchen
- Material Management
- Completion: Summer 2015
General Contractor: BOLDT
Construction Value: $27 million
Financing: USDA Rural Development funding for the project comes in the form of a $30 million direct loan and an $8 million loan guarantee delivered through AgStar Rural Capital.Network in collaboration with local banks and other financial institutions. Financing will cover construction and equipment costs, as well as the refinancing of some existing debt.
Additional support comes from The Mercy Foundation's Well Within Reach campaign.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.