Mercy to offer free seminar on health care directives
Mercy Hospital invites community members to a free program on health care directives.
The Advance Care Planning seminar will be held at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, November 1 at the Moose Lake Fire Museum.
Advance care planning helps you communicate your preferences for medical treatment, providing guidance and direction to your family and friends about your health care wishes in case illness or injury prevents you from making health care decisions for yourself.
The planning process involves learning about the types of decisions that might need to be made, considering treatment options ahead of time, then letting your family and friends know about your preferences.
Advance care planning will help you:
- Learn about your treatment options
- Clarify your health care goals
- Consider the kind of care and treatment you would want or not want
- Make decisions about appointing a health care agent or completing a health care directive
- Share your wishes and any documents with your family, friends and health care provider.
For more information, please call 218.485.2138.