Mercy to offer Impact of Grief series
Bereavement is one of life’s greatest stressors. A five-week class and support group to help those struggling to cope with the illness or death of a loved one will be offered at Mercy Hospital beginning in January.
Led by certified grief counselors, the Impact of Grief series will focus on various topics, offering support and resource information to those who have experienced a loss. The class will be held from 5:30-7 p.m. at Mercy in Community Room 2 (Augustana Mercy entrance on Kenwood Avenue) on the following Thursdays:
- January 8 – The Grief Experience
- January 15 – Emotional Course of Grief
- January 22 – Pathways to Self Care
- January 29 – When Does It End?
- February 5 – Memories, Rituals & Celebration
Interested people may choose to attend selected sessions or the entire series. There is no charge for the program.
For more information, call 218-485-5508.