Your Safety Is Our Top Priority
When you or your family member is a patient at Mercy Hospital, you want to be sure you receive the best and safest care possible. Our hospital and health care professionals are committed to providing the best care for you and your family. We ask you and your families join us to make sure that our care meets your needs and encourage you to let us know when it does not.
We are dedicated to sharing information on quality and safety with you and your family through efforts such as voluntarily participating in the Leapfrog Group Survey. Leapfrog is a coalition of more than 100 public and private organizations that share our commitment to provide the safest healthcare possible. We commend the Leapfrog Group for recognizing quality of care is not just based on cost. However, we realize their standards are not applicable to all hospitals.
To make your health care visit safe we have many steps in place that go beyond Leapfrog’s three standards. The following are a few of the countless steps our hospital is taking to assure you receive reliable care:
- Your safety is central to every aspect within our hospital. It is the top priority at all levels of our organization including management, physicians, and staff.
- We have a patient safety committee in place to evaluate any safety concern brought up by staff, patients, or family members. The committee reviews each safety aspect and develops steps to make our hospital a safe place to receive your care.
- All physicians and nurses at our hospital are board licensed and participate in continuing education.
- For medication safety, we double-check to make sure you receive the right medication, right dose, with the right method at the right time. We encourage you to speak up if you have any questions about your medication.
- We recommend you to have a family member or friend with you during your health care visits. They can provide comfort, support, and can also help ask questions.
We encourage you to ask questions and take notes.
For more information click on the links below: