Our hospital pharmacists and technicians are a vital part of our patient care team and are involved in all aspects of medication use within the hospital. Pharmacist oversight of medication use is available 24/7. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, our pharmacy staff:
- Consults with, advises and informs medical staff, nursing staff and patients regarding medication use.
- Monitors medication use by patients to ensure it is safe and appropriate.
- Serves as an information resource and provide compounded sterile products and administration guidelines to our growing outpatient and chemotherapy departments.
- Stays current with state of the art technology to enhance patient safety such as medication bar codes, smart pumps and electronic medical records.
- Purchases and maintains an adequate stock of quality medications and supplies.