Mercy Hospital has added a new class to our Prenatal Education Curriculum. Our new Birthing Class Refresher gives parents who’ve already had a baby a condensed overview to help them prepare for their newest arrival. This class, like all our prenatal classes, is offered FREE to the public!
BIRTHING CLASS REFRESHER
This class is designed for couples who have previously had a baby. Maybe one of the parents has had a baby, but this is a first time for their significant other. Let us help you tailor a class to your needs – we want to help prepare you for one of the most exciting days of your life!
This class will be offered in a group or on an individual basis. It includes, but is not limited to:
- A Review of the Labor Process
- Breathing and Relaxation Exercises
- Medication/Pain options
- Cesarean Birth
- Assisting you with your birth plan
- Breast Feeding Support
- Empathy belly – Everyone’s favorite!
- Sibling Preparation
- Tour of our New Birthing Center
The Birthing Refresher Class will be offered:
- Tuesday, February 13, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 14, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 29, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 23, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 7, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, September 15, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, October 30, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 4, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
For a complete list of all our childbirth education classes, please go to our Birthing Center page.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call Katie Olson, Manager of Inpatient Services at 218.485.5834.